Presentation: Codec Phone Event

*bleep bleep!*

"This is Armor Assassinator. Get along you read me, Orange Robo?"

Loud and clear, Assassinator. Age hasn't slowed you down one tur.

"So, what's this roughly a Metal Gear mechanism call up case?"

As you may bon, Konami discharged a phone case that matches the look of the iDroid from Gold-bearing Gear Solid V.

"Yeah, I heard. Bad sweet, but it's expensive, in limited supplying, and doesn't fit my phone."

Unfortunately, yes. But I have it away you too cured, Bravo. You won't let that closure you.

"That's right. I'm getting a dorky phone case, one elbow room operating theatre another."

Healthy, it's at present OR ne'er. Your iPhone 4S is ready to retire and your old case is little to a higher degree a featherbed teething toy dog now.

"Right. I'll need to figure something out."

As usual, IT'll constitute material and equipment OSP (connected-site procurement), so don't expect any official support. We'Re counting on you, Bravo. O'er and out.

-Cheap lounge suit case from Monoprice as the base. I'd been planning to make a slip for a while; information technology's hard to discovery one that actually covers the screen and the ones that do are overpriced, so I resolved to do IT my way.

-Front flap is 1/8in acrylic leftover from a project at work. A bit too two-ply, but it makes a square "clap" when I close IT. I thought most adding a magnetic catch, just it wouldn't quite fit and would probably bollocks the phone's sensors anyway.

-The angular bits are just polystyrene cut at interesting angles. Gotta make it look angular and art movement.

-A couple different layers of paint here. Metallic silver grey base with varying cyan dabbed on with a paper towel. (wish I knew what happened to my sea sponge...) I actually planned connected bright scarlet, which I might do for the next one.

-"Grip" hashes made just by nebulizer painting blank label sheets remnant from the Rebelle/Toha Heavy Industries PDW. They finished up a trifle crooked, simply I guess they work.

-Labels were upright written connected typical office newspaper publisher and whiteglued on. I had more in brain, but I was touch nervous about going overboard.

-I originally planned to minimal brain dysfunction a stylus or headphone coupler as an "antenna," just I couldn't rule one I liked; it's crazy how much people will bill for a constructive write out that doesn't actually write...

-The i thing I really regret not including is the sounds. Information technology's an iPhone, thus it's not as simple a matter A dragging and dropping the fitting ringtone. I contrive to fix that the next time around.

-It got scraped to hell, but it is imitating a piece of fictional military hardware. You say "scratched," I say "weathered." The best part is I just had to carry IT approximately and it ended up that way!

Could've been better, but complete-in-every a fun way to sunset an old phone.

Be the First to Share

Recommendations

  • Anything Goes Contest 2022

    Anything Goes Contest 2022